AMSOIL 5W20 – 100% Synthetic Motor Oil
Aggressive Anti-Wear Formula
Engines requiring 5W20 weights typically operate at higher temperatures for better fuel economy. AMSOIL offers protection in this new hi-temp engine range which all others become compromised early in their use.
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil delivers extraordinary lubrication in all types of automotive gasoline engines. By combining industry-premier synthetic technology with AMSOIL premium additives, Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil exceeds the higher performance demands of modern engines. It withstands the stress of higher horsepower, higher heat and complicated emissions control systems. Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is engineered to outperform competitive conventional and synthetic motor oils. It delivers long-lasting performance and protection.
Click the product image for the official PDF Data sheet on this product.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/motor-oil/gasoline/sae-5w-20-signature-series-100-percent-synthetic-motor-oil/?code=ALMQT-EA&zo=510227″ ]
Call 800-579-0580 for competitive current price.
Or use the online preferred customer portal if you choose to order online.
Call for wholesale pricing, account set-up or order at 1-800-579-0580
[maxbutton id=”2″ ]
Protects Against Engine Wear
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil develops a strong fluid film that keeps metal surfaces separated while its robust anti-wear additives further reduce wear in metal-to-metal contact regions for maximum engine life. The Sequence IVA Engine Test, which must be passed to meet the industry-standard API SN specification, simulates extended periods of stop-and-go driving. For 100 hours, the test engine cycles between 50 minutes of idling and 10 minutes of elevated rpm – conditions that encourage engine wear. The camshaft is then measured for wear in 84 locations and an average score is determined. We used Signature Series 0W-20, the lightest viscosity in the line, to further increase the severity of the test. AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil provided 75 percent more engine protection against horsepower loss and wear1 than required by the industry standard, extending the life of vital components like pistons and cams.
|After rigorous third-party testing, the cam lobes show little-to-no wear.|
|SEQUENCE IVA ENGINE TEST
Lower number = less wear
1Based on independent testing of AMSOIL Signatur e Series 0W-20, in ASTM D6891 as required by the API SN specification.
Protects Pistons from Low-Speed Pre-Ignition
We armed Signature Series with an advanced detergent system that protects against harmful deposits and low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI). Most new engines feature gasoline direct injection (GDI), often combined with a turbocharger to boost power and improve fuel economy. These new technologies, when combined with a poorly formulated motor oil, promote LSPI and threaten engine operation. LSPI is the spontaneous ignition of the fuel/air mixture prior to spark-triggered ignition. It occurs in today’s advanced engines and is much more destructive than typical pre-ignition.
Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) like GM* have addressed the issue by designing tests to determine a motor oil’s ability to prevent LSPI. The GM test allows up to five LSPI events to receive a passing score. Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil provided 100 percent protection against LSPI1 – zero occurrences were recorded.
Our unique synthetic formulation is inherently stable to resist oxidation and neutralize acids. Signature Series Motor Oil provides outstanding protection against deposits common to high-temperature engine environments. The tremendous heat and stress turbos create can cause some oils to break down and form harmful bearing deposits through a process known as turbo coking. Over time, turbos can suffer reduced performance or fail altogether.
We challenged Signature Series to the GM Turbo Coking Test, which consists of 2000 cycles of extreme heat soaks. An oil must limit the temperature change within the turbocharger to 13 percent or less to pass the test. Signature Series limited the temperature increase to only 3.6 percent, protecting theturbocharger 72 percent better than required2 by the GM dexos1® Gen 2 specification.
Extends Drains: Protection Guaranteed
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil provides reserve protection, allowing you to go longer between oil changes if you choose – up to 25,000 miles, 700 hours of operation or one year, whichever comes first*. Our unique synthetic formulation and long-drain additive system are inherently stable to resist oxidation and neutralize acids over longer periods. Signature Series is designed to deliver outstanding engine protection, cleanliness and performance over extended drain intervals – guaranteed. It provides peace of mind so you can fit oil changes into your schedule.
1 Based on independent testing of AMSOIL Signature Series 5w-30 motor oil, in the LSPI engine test as required for the GM dexos 1® Gen 2 specification.
2 Based on independent testing of AMSOIL Signature Series 5W-30 in the GM turbo coking test.
3 vs. AMSOIL OE Motor Oil
4 Based on independent testing of AMSOIL Signature Series 5W-30 in the ASTM D6593 engine test for oil screen plugging as required by the API SN specification.
* All trademarked names and images are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. No affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, is made by their use. All products advertised here are developed by AMSOIL for use in the applications shown.
The extreme durability of Signature Series Motor Oil ensures your engine runs stronger, for longer. We installed Signature Series 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil in a Ford* F-150 with a new 3.5L Ecoboost engine to test its ability to protect turbocharged direct-injection (TDGI) engines from torque and horsepower loss during extended drain intervals up to 25,000 miles. Power sweeps were done at the beginning and end of the test to evaluate horsepower and torque retention. As the graph shows, Signature Series helped maintain engine performance throughout the 100,000 mile test.
Limits Oil Consumption
Signature Series has a uniform molecular structure that limits evaporation and keeps it where it’s needed most – protecting your engine. Volatility (burn-off) occurs when oil gets hot, causing lighter molecules to burn off or evaporate. This leads to oil thickening, additive imbalance, higher emissions and oil consumption. The NOACK Volatility test is the industry standard for evaluating motor oil high temperature evaporation. It measures the percentage of burn-off after a motor oil is placed under constant airflow at 482ºF for 1 hour. A lower number indicates a better resistance to evaporation. Signature Series falls far below the API limit for volatility, reducing the need for frequent oil top-offs and limiting vehicle emissions.
Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil does not contain paraffins (wax) and stays fluid in temperatures of -58ºF and lower. Extreme cold causes other motor oils to thicken, starving vital moving parts of lubrication, accelerating wear and even preventing vehicles from starting. Signature Series provides 66 percent better cold-temperature performance for easier starting, better fuel economy, improved oil flow (as seen below) and reduced wear.
Maintains Protective Viscosity
We formulated Signature Series with superior thermal durability that resists breakdown better than conventional and synthetic motor oils. The Sequence IIIH Test uses the Chrysler 3.6L Pentastar engine to evaluate a motor oil’s ability to resist the damaging effects of heat. The test is conducted with oil temperatures of 304ºF, 100ºF hotter than normal operation, to accelerate oil thickening and deposits. Despite the extreme conditions, Signature Series kept pistons clean and held thickening to only 6 percent, a minimal amount compared to the proposed specification limit of 150 percent.1 This stay-in-grade performance helps maintain maximum power and fuel economy while also ensuring advanced technologies like variable valve timing (VVT) operate as designed throughout the entire drain interval.
Available in Quarts, 12 quart case, Gallons, 4-Gallon case and various drums!
AMSOIL ALM 5W30 is recommended for extended drain intervals according to AMSOIL service interval guidelines. It delivers long-lasting performance and protection.AMSOIL, the leader in automotive synthetic lubrication, produced the world’s first API qualified synthetic motor oil in 1972. Trust the extensive experience of AMSOIL The First in Synthetics® to do the best job protecting your engine.Extends Drain Intervals
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil can extend drain intervals far beyond those recommended for conventional oils. Its unique synthetic formulation and long-drain additive system are inherently stable to resist oxidation and neutralize acids over longer periods. Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is designed to deliver the best possible engine protection, cleanliness and performance over extended drain intervals. It reduces vehicle maintenance and waste oil disposal costs.Maximizes Fuel Economy
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is designed to maximize energy efficiency for improved fuel economy. Unlike conventional oils, its uniform molecular structure helps it flow more freely and reduce friction between metal surfaces. Anti-friction additives are included to further improve energy efficiency.Reduces Engine Wear
Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil provides outstanding anti-wear protection. It has excellent viscosity film strength to separate metal surfaces and robust anti-wear additives to further reduce wear in metal-to-metal contact regions for improved engine life.Reduces Oil Consumption and Emissions
Volatility (burn-off) occurs when oil gets hot, causing high oil consumption and emissions. AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil exhibits an extremely low volatility rate; it controls volatility-related oil consumption and emissions.Excels in Extreme Temperatures
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil resists thermal (heat) breakdown better than conventional oils. It is heavily fortified with detergent and dispersant additives to help prevent sludge deposits and keep engines clean. And unlike conventional oils, Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil contains no wax, staying fluid in the coldest winter temperatures for easier starting, improved oil flow and reduced bearing wear.APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is excellent for use in all types of gasoline-fueled vehicles. It is recommended for all domestic and foreign vehicles requiring any of the listed performance specifications:5W-20 (ALM): API SN (Resource Conserving), SM…; ILSAC GF-5, GF-4…; ACEA A5/B5, A1/B1; GM 6094M; Ford WSS-M2C945-A, WSS-M2C930-A; Chrysler MS-6395COMPATIBILITY
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is compatible with other conventional and synthetic motor oils. Mixing AMSOIL motor oils with other oils, however, will shorten the oil’s life expectancy and reduce the performance benefits. AMSOIL does not support extended drain intervals where oils have been mixed. Aftermarket oil additives are not recommended for use with AMSOIL synthetic motor oils.SERVICE LIFE
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is recommended for extended drain intervals in unmodified(1), mechanically sound(2) gasoline-fueled vehicles as follows:• Normal Service(3) – Up to 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
• Severe Service(4) – Up to 15,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
• In all non-gasoline-fueled vehicle applications, extend the oil change interval according to oil analysis or follow the OEM* drain interval.*OEM – Original Equipment Manufacturer(1) Engines operating under modified conditions (non-stock) are excluded from extended drain recommendations. Examples include the use of performance computer chips; non-OEM approved exhaust, fuel or air induction systems; and the use of fuels other than those recommended for normal operation by the manufacturer.(2) Mechanically sound engines are in good working condition and do not, for example, leak or consume excessive amounts of oil, are not worn out, do not overheat, do not leak antifreeze and have properly working emissions control systems. AMSOIL recommends repairing malfunctioning engines prior to the installation of AMSOIL synthetic oils.(3) Personal vehicles frequently traveling greater than 10 miles (16 km) at a time and not operating under severe service.(4) Turbo/supercharged engines, commercial or fleet vehicles, excessive idling, vehicles with more than 100,000 miles without prior continuous use of AMSOIL motor oil, daily short-trip driving less than 10 miles (16 km), frequent towing, plowing, hauling or dusty condition driving.AMSOIL Ea® Full-Flow Oil Filters are designed for extended change intervals. They stop smaller particles, flow more oil and last longer than regular filters. For best performance, use AMSOIL Ea Full-Flow Oil Filters.Order your AMSOIL EA Nanofiber oil filter to match 15,000 or 25,000 mile intervals.Now that we have both 5W20 and 0W20 choices in all our tiers of motor oil the choices are easy. I stress though when a “20” weight is needed turn to AMSOIL’s Signature Series (either 5W20 or 0W20).Why??
Well first we have to lay out the reasons for the sudden trend of these lighter viscosities. The reason behind it was due to the EPA’s demands for better miles per gallon. A lighter viscosity will cause the engine to consume less fuel. But with the latest emission standards for exhaust gasses, to burn fuel more completely the engine intake and combustion areas must remain at higher temperatures. These higher temperatures cause all sorts of issues on motor oil.
A non-synthetic will tend to loose it’s viscosity more rapidly, you will need to top off more often as the lighter oils will evaporate through the PCV system and the combination of these also cause more severe engine deposits. Some of which will cause losses of protection and oil pressure.
So, that said use only the best 0W20 or 5W20 to avoid these problems.We know that Toyota has already experienced problems using conventional oils in the 5W20 range and Dodge vehicles with the multi-displacement engines have problems if the viscosity is off slightly. AMSOIL Signature Series or XL Series will safeguard against these problems and how could you go wrong with an oil (the only one) which has a guarantee behind it even if you use it under the extended intervals! Amsoil will replace your engine if our oils fail to protect. That’s been the case for almost 400 years now.A 0W20 and 5W20 are the same operational weight. The “W” is the winter viscosity adjustment rating – NOT the viscosity. A 0W oil will be the 20 or 30 WT at a lower temperature meaning at room temperature it will remain closer to the actual operating viscosity than a 5W or 10W. In general with synthetics the “0W” ratings are a signal of higher quality and with AMSOIL you get the quality needed to ensure that a lower viscosity oil will handle the high temperature shear. (High-Shear Viscosity)AMSOIL Engine Flush – Great way to maximize the power of AMSOIL!Further increase your mileage and prevent injector trouble with the popular AMSOIL PI – Performance Improver. Just one use every 4000 miles restores up to 50 miler per tank of gas – this product doesn’t give you energy from nothing, it simply restores your fuel system to like new condition. When you see the improvement you will then realize just how bad quality the fuel is today. I was one of the first to try this product in my Mini Cooper in 2006 and did indeed gain 50 miles per tank. Cab companies report – No more injector failures!AMSOIL Products Listings Dealership Opportunities and Oil Analysis!
AMSOIL Dealer Opportunities in 2015 provide you with the ultimate home business opportunity with over 40 years of continuous growth to back it up. These products ARE IN DEMAND! We will help you stay on course but you can become totally financially independent if you put in the effort, Call me or one of my dealers and we would love to discuss it with you.
The big thing now is getting AMSOIL in local stores, independent lube centers and automotive shops. We have a successful method to secure local business not to mention the latest in shelving, display, free installer & retailer locator listings on the corporate site, personalized materials for the shop and free shipping for those who qualify.
AMSOIL is the auto enthusiasts hero! And increases in advertising and regional support teams are there to make it more possible for you to reach your goals as an AMSOIL dealer.
Join us every year for AMSOIL University or try the upcoming online version and get ready to tell the old boss good-bye. We can even help you open your very own Amsoil Retail Store!
AMSOIL’s highest demands are in both the diesel and powersports sector. We urge you to call us or read more in our Dealer Opportunities section. We may also have a team of dealers close to you so call and we will forward their information.
Industry is pointing consumers our way from every direction:
- AMSOIL is becoming a household name. Customers are expecting to find it locally.
- Vehicle manufacturers are installing synthetic oil into new vehicles on the production line.
- Cars & Trucks made before 1995 need oils with more anti-wear additives and better quality detergents.
- Drivers discovering top quality (real) synthetics do indeed increase fuel mileage.
- New lubricant trends demanded by industry are developed well before the engine and transmission technologies hit the marketplace. This allows AMSOIL to further develop their product even further while the competition arrives late testing their product after the requirement goes live.
- New emission systems demand oils, which can take more heat and leave fewer deposits. Currently diesel engine changes have created problems which demand more stable base stocks. We have them and you save more fuel to boot!
- OEM Automatic Transmission Fluids are limited to light duty use. AMSOIL ATF and Low Viscosity Trans Fluid cuts temperature significantly and delivers more power to the wheels. Our transmission fluids continue to be well ahead of the industry because of AMSOIL’s relationship with suppliers.
- They are demanding better lubrication qualities from the oil to improve fuel economy.
- Commercial vehicles Require synthetics in transmission and drivetrain parts to retain extended warranties. (And better power transfer).
- Environmentally we can not go on disposing of the millions of gallons of oil each year that is the bi-product of 3,000 mile oil change intervals – Imagine if everyone changed their oil at say 7,500 miles instead. The used oil disposal problem would be cut by 50%. Yes 50%, not just 1 or 2% – Now consider the impact of a 25,000 and beyond oil change interval.
- OEM fill and recommended product now from several lines such as Eric Buell Motorcycles.
- AMSOIL is MADE in USA.